The Yarnspinners

News of anthologies by Kim Cox, Elizabeth Delisi, Chris Grover, Elaine Hopper, Maureen McMahon, and Sheryl Hames Torres--The Yarnspinners!

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Greetings from Sher via Liz!

There are days when I think my name should be Murphy. Days when everything is planned out, and LOOKS like it's going to go well. Then it doesn't.

For the last 9 years, the only time we've taken overnight trips there had to be a sick or dying or dead relatives. My husband's job requires him to be on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. That's right, you read correctly. Even Christmas. And he takes his job very seriously. But he works way too hard and gets way too little time off. Because they shut down all the operating systems of of all five plants to put in new equipment and tanks,--- guess who's in charge of all the electrical systems, running new and incorporating everything into the old systems? --- yep, you got it. Himself...and because of that..he's not had but one day off in over three weeks.

But now, today, we're supposed to be heading to the mountains. I managed to finish all my assignments by mid week. Cleared my calendar for next week. Bills are all paid. House clean, no dirty laundry, fridge cleaned out. Everything is washed, ironed and packed. The jeep is loaded and we're waiting for Courtney to finish her Science test at school and then we're good to go.

And I'm sitting here...thinking...why does my head hurt so? I've caught a cold. The first vacation in nine years and I have a cold. Come to think of it, our last vacation was to Savannah for some kind of street festival of food. Food was wonderful...turned cold as anything and I got pneumonia. LOL

Fun fun fun...

Sher

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home