The Yarnspinners

News of anthologies by Kim Cox, Elizabeth Delisi, Chris Grover, Elaine Hopper, Maureen McMahon, and Sheryl Hames Torres--The Yarnspinners!

Saturday, November 03, 2007

The Turning of the Leaves

This first picture was taken from my front yard.
We have to enjoy it while it lasts. Soon all the leaves will be gone. I wanted to go up on the parkway and take pictures but I didn't make it this year, so I stood in my yard and took some pictures. I hope you enjoy them.

I love my home and the gorgeous scenic view surrounding it. This isn't to say that I wouldn't love to have some changes of my house, but it's so expensive.


In this picture from my back door, the leaves are in gorgeous color. Up at the top of the hill is our winter garden, not really viewable by this photo. If I go up to the parkway next month, the leaves will be gone, and I'll actually be able to see my backyard--not really the house, but our outside storage shed and Lee's carving area.

This time of season is a huge tourist attraction here in Asheville. We had visitors to our home just yesterday from Michigan who wanted to look at Lee's art. They bought 3 pieces.

This next picture is from my backyard, but off to the other side. What's so nice about this neighborhood, besides being pretty secluded, there's also neighbors who look out for one another. You don't find that much anymore. Our summer garden is actually ours and our neighbors' that lives behind us..


Have a nice day. I hope you enjoyed my photos.

Kim

6 Comments:

At 7:33 AM, November 19, 2007, Blogger photoquest said...

You have a lovely view. We love the mountains. We live here in North Carolina and go to the mountains every winter if we can't make it there by the changing of leaves. We're taking 0ur girls to the Biltmore Estate while they're out for Thanksgiving. I envey you with your beautiful serene views our view in our neighbor's house ha!ha!

 
At 7:33 AM, November 19, 2007, Blogger photoquest said...

You have a lovely view, we live in North Carolina and visit the mountains every year It's very serene My 2 favorite places is the beach and mountains.

 
At 7:34 AM, November 19, 2007, Blogger photoquest said...

Sorry about the duplicate post i didn't think the first one went threw my comp. a little testy this morning.

 
At 2:27 PM, November 19, 2007, Blogger Elizabeth Delisi said...

Lovely photos, Kim. You're so lucky to have such a great view!

Liz

 
At 6:16 PM, November 21, 2007, Blogger Kim Cox said...

Thank you, photoquest. We love it. We're originally from further east, but we've been living in the mountains since 1989 and in this particular location since 1992.

Kim

 
At 6:17 PM, November 21, 2007, Blogger Kim Cox said...

Thank you, Liz. I try to take a picture every year in October which is my favorite time. My second favorite is Spring when all the flowers are in bloom.

Kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home