The Yarnspinners

News of anthologies by Kim Cox, Elizabeth Delisi, Chris Grover, Elaine Hopper, Maureen McMahon, and Sheryl Hames Torres--The Yarnspinners!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween

Seems there's some reason why I can post every other week. Someone's ill, someone needs me, someone at the cable company is messing with my internet fiberoptics. We're on a first name basis and they think I have an attitude problem. I think they need to work on my fiberoptics when I'm sleeping, not when I'm working Seems reasonable to me.

This week we have Halloween.

Now, I have five younger brothers and sisters. My sisters live close and we each have 2 or more children a piece. For the last twenty-something years, my youngest sister has thrown the blow-out Halloween party to end all blow-out parties, with each year's affair outdoing the last.

Last night's to-do was no exception. The nutcase has baked for days...one of her passions. I'm considering starting a telethon...stopped only because her goodies are always to die for. Has anyone ever had orange brownies? We're talking a week with Johnny Depp good! Then she feeds us...every year something different--homemade soups, chilli, sandwiches, etc. This year...pasta, with several different sauces, salad and garlic bread.

Now, she never lets anyone bring anything, and the guest list includes many others than simply family. Her house resembles the Camden household from Seventh Heaven. People were filing thru her house last night just to eat! And they all called her Mama.

A wonderful time was had by all.

So, you'd think I'd have been all set to start Nano this morning...Nano, for those who don't know, basically requires you to write like an insane person with spasmodic fingers in order to pound out a 50K novel in 30 days.

So what did I manage to pound out today? Counting this blog? 657 words. (I didn't count my son's excuse or the grocery list.) So for the first time, I'd like to thank the person who came up with the blog idea. Without you, my word count would for today...well, there wouldn't be a word count.

Till next week...or week after next...
Be safe and look out the window!
Sher

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home