The Yarnspinners

News of anthologies by Kim Cox, Elizabeth Delisi, Chris Grover, Elaine Hopper, Maureen McMahon, and Sheryl Hames Torres--The Yarnspinners!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Chats and Newsletters and Listservs, Oh My

I have a question to ask all you readers out there, and I'm anxious to hear your responses. What kind of publicity from authors do you like best? What is most likely to make you run out (or surf over) and buy that author's book? Assuming, of course, the book is of interest to you in the first place.

I have a newsletter I send out periodically; I maintain a website; I have blogs; I do chats; I participate on listservs; I run contests; and I offer free bookmarks and other promotional material. I even do the occasional booksigning or conference. But in the end, it's difficult, if not impossible, to tell what works and what doesn't.

So I'd really like to hear what works best for YOU. And while you're at it, is there something you'd like to see from an author that you haven't seen yet? I'm always interested in new ideas!

Liz

1 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, January 25, 2007, Blogger Maureen McMahon said...

Well, for me, what makes me buy a book is if it's written by Elizabeth Delisi. (g)

I rarely buy a book unless I've heard of it. Then I go surfing for it specifically. Big help I am, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home