The Yarnspinners

News of anthologies by Kim Cox, Elizabeth Delisi, Chris Grover, Elaine Hopper, Maureen McMahon, and Sheryl Hames Torres--The Yarnspinners!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Kim's Introduction Finally

Sorry it has taken me so much longer than the others to post my introduction, but I've had my grandson this past week. And man, if you're not used to having an eight-year-old boy around, it will wear you out. Can't help but love him though.

Okay, on with my introctuction. My name is Kim Cox if you haven't already guessed by the Title of this blog. and I live in Asheville, NC near the Blue Ridge Parkway. I can actually see my house from one spot in late fall, early winter. After that, you don't want to go up there as the roads can be icy or covered with snow. I've never lived anywhere else besides North Carolina, although I now live four hours from where I'm originally from a small town called Rockingham. Maybe you're familiar with The Rock Motor Speedway--now closed.

I've been married for 20 years to a wonderful man, Lee Cox who is a chain saw artist by day and runs a knitting machine in a textile plant at night. If you're interested, you can check out his art at www.leeschainsawart.com. I have two grown sons (Brandon and Travis), one grandson (Patrick), a cat (Chelsea) and a dog (Lucky). You've seen dogs chase cats, well my cat chases stray dogs out of the yard. Why not? Lucky doesn't. He's very passive and the closest he'll come to attacking anyone is to lick them to death. Now, he does playful bite at times. He loves everyone.

I've been writing for almost as long as I've been married. I have one full length novel at www.amberquill.com. It's a romantic suspense set in Boston, Massachusetts. Other than that, I have sold short stories, articles and have contributed to two anthologies.

I've known these talented yarnspinners for a while, a few of them for ten years--ever since I bought my first PC. Sher and I believe we may share a brain as we can often finish each others sentences. I have to say I'm the opposite from Elaine in that I'm the worst multi-tasker. I don't like to IM with more than one person at a time, because I can't keep up with it. If there's two, I may forget to IM one. I do have about 5 books in the works, but I only work on one at a time. I have a one track mind and if I'm working on something, I'll either not hear you talking to me (unless you call my name first) or if you ask me a question, you'll think I don't know because it takes my mind a few minutes to switch gears, especially if I'm really into what I'm doing. But I guarantee that whatever I'm working on gets my best and full attention.

I love to read, write and watch television--mostly movies involving the paranormal, forensics, murder and mystery, and it's the same with the programs I watch. In my day job, I do clerical scheduling in a textile plant.

Thanks for listening to me go on and on. I hope you stop by often and let us know what you like to read.

1 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, August 16, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Yep, 8 year old boys are a handful, but a fun handful.

My youngest is 11, and hyperactive to boot. My grandson is 6 and till a month ago, he lived with us, too. He's still just down the road.

So I know how busy your grandson must have kept you. I hope you had lots of fun.

Soon, my first granddaughter (second grandchild) will be born. We're thrilled and starting to plan the baby shower. She's due around Halloween.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home